If you want your auto transport experience to be a smooth one, there are some things you need to do before you send your car to Florida. The basic prep is the same regardless of the season. The recommended steps are as follows:
- Clean the interior and wash the exterior of your vehicle.
- At the time of pick-up, make a note and take photos of any existing dings, dents, scratches, chips, and other damage and log the mileage. The driver will also inspect your car and add any additional information to the inspection documentation or Bill of Lading.
- Remove any valuables you might normally keep in your car.
- Secure any loose parts or remove them completely.
- If your car hasn’t been serviced recently, now is a good time to take it to your mechanic for a checkup.
- Your car’s gas tank should be a full.
- If you’re sending an electric car to Florida, make sure the battery is fully charged.
- Make sure you’ve got a spare set of keys, just in case they’re needed.